General-- Bounty & Public Land Claims
- American State Papers. Greenville, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1994.
- Association of American Railroads. Bureau of Railway Economics. Library.
Railroad Land Grants: Transcript of Cards in Library, Bureau of Railway
Economics. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1951.
- Friedenberg, Daniel M. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Land: the Plunder of Early
America. Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1992.
- Kirkham, E. Kay. Some of the Military Records of America Before 1900: Their Use
Value in Genealogical and Historical Research. Washington, D.C.: n.p., 1963.
- Mayo, Robert. Army and Navy Pension Laws, and Bounty Land Laws of the United
States Including Sundry Resolutions of Congress, From 1776 to 1852...
Washington, D. C.: Printed by J. T. Towers, 1852.
- McMullin, Phillip W. Grassroots of America: a Computerized Index to the American
State Papers: Land Grants and Claims (1789-1837) with Other Aids to Research
(Government document serial set numbers 28 through 36). Greenville, SC:
Southern Historical Press, 1992.
- Oberly, James W. Sixty Million Acres: American Veterans and the Public Lands
Before the Civil War. Kent, Ohio: Kent State University, 1990.
- United States. Congress. The New American State Papers: Public Lands.
Wilmington, Del.: Scholarly Resources, 1973.
- United States. Department of the Interior. Digest of Decisions of the Department of
the Interior in Appealed Pension and Bounty Land Claims; also a table of cases
reported, cited, overruled, and modified, and of statutes cited and construed,
contained in vols. 9 to 15 inclusive, of the pension decisions, with annotations.
Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1905.
French and Indian War Era-- Bounty Land Claims
- Kentucky. Land Office. A Calendar of the Warrants for Land in Kentucky, Granted
for Service in the French and Indian War. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co.,
Revolutionary War Era-- Bounty & Public Land Claims
War of 1812 Era-- Bounty & Public Land Claims
- Bockstruck, Lloyd Dewitt. Revolutionary War Bounty Land Grants: Awarded
by State Governments. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1996.
- Cartwright, Betty Goff Cook. North Carolina Land Grants in Tennessee,
1778-1791. Memphis, TN: I. C. Harper Co., 1958.
- Dyer, Albion Morris. First Ownership of Ohio Lands. Baltimore: Genealogical
Publishing Co., 1969.
- Holcomb, Brent. North Carolina Land Grants in South Carolina. Greenville, S.C.:
a Press, 1980.
- Houston, Martha Lou. 600 Revolutionary Soldiers Living in Georgia in 1827-28.
Washington, D.C.: M. L. Houston, 1932.
- Jillson, Willard Rouse. The Kentucky Land Grants: a Systematic Index to All
of the Land Grants Recorded in the State Land Office at Frankfort, Kentucky,
1782-1924. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1971.
- Jillson, Willard Rouse. Old Kentucky Entries and Deeds: a Complete Index to All
of the Earliest Land Entries, Military Warrants, Deeds, and Wills of the
Commonwealth of Kentucky. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1969.
- Knight, Lucian Lamar. Georgia’s Roster of the Revolution, Containing a List of
the State’s Defenders; officers and men; soldiers and sailors; partisans and
regulars; whether enlisted in Georgia or settled in Georgia after the close of
hostilities. Compiled under authority of the legislature from various sources,
including official documents, both state and federal, certificates of service,
land grants, pension rolls, and other records. Atlanta, GA: Index Printing
- A List of Officers of the Illinois Regiment, and of Crockett’s Regiment, Who Have
Received Land for their Services: a list of officers of the Illinois Regiment,
who have not received lands, for revolutionary services. Anchorage, KY:
Borderland Books, 1962.
- Mayo, Robert. Army and Navy Pension Laws, and Bounty Land Laws of the
United States Including Sundry Resolutions of Congress from 1776-1852.
Washington, D.C.: J. T. Towers, 1852.
- Newman, Harry Wright. Maryland Revolutionary Records; Data Obtained From
3,050 Pensions Claims and Bounty Land Applications, Including 1,000
Marriages of Maryland Soldiers and a List of 1,200 Proved Services of
Soldiers and Patriots of Other States. Washington, D. C.: Published by the
- Riegel, Mayburt Stephenson. Early Ohioan’s Residences From Land Grant Records.
Mansfield, OH: Ohio Genealogical Society, 1976.
- Sapp, Peggy Lathrop. Kaskaskia Land Warrants, Military Certificates, Randolph
County, Illinois. Springfield, IL: W. W. Allersand, E. L. Goghanour, 1986.
(Central-HG 929.3773 RANDOLPH)
- Smith, Clifford N. Federal Land Series: a Calendar of Archival Materials on the
Land Patents Issued by the United States Government, with Subject, Tract,
and Name Indexes. Chicago: American Library Association, 1972-1982,
4 vols. Vol. 1 covers 1788-1810; vol. 2 covers 1799-1835; vol. 3 covers
1810-1814; vol. 4 covers land grants in the Virginia District of Ohio.
Includes name and tract indexes in each volume.
- West Virginia. Auditor’s Office. Sims Index to Land Grants in West Virginia.
Charleston, WVA: State of West Virginia, 1952.
(Central-HG, ST 975.4)
- Wilson, Samuel M. Catalogue of Revolutionary Soldiers and Sailors of the
Commonwealth of Virginia to Whom Land Bounty Warrants were Granted
by Virginia for Military Services in the War for Independence. Baltimore:
Genealogical Publishing Co., 1967.
(Central-HG, ST 973.34)
Mexican-American War Era-- Bounty & Public Land Claims
- Allen, Desmond Walls. Arkansas Land Patents, Eastern Arkansas, Clay, Craighead,
Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett, and
St. Francis Counties: through 30 June 1908. Conway, AR: Arkansas Research,
- Christensen, Katheren. Arkansas Military Bounty Grants (War of 1812). Hot
Springs: Arkansas Ancestors, 1971.
- Dunaway, Maxine. Missouri Military Land Warrants, War of 1812. Springfield,
MO: M. Dunaway, 1985.
- New York (State). Adjutant General’s Office. Index of Awards on Claims of
the Soldiers of the War of 1812. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co.,
(Central- HG Oversize 973.524)
- United States. General Land Office. War of 1812 Bounty Lands in Illinois.
Thomson, IL: Heritage House, 1977.
- Wardell, Patrick G. War of 1812: Virginia Bounty Land & Pension Applicants:
a Quick Reference Guide to Ancestors having War of 1812 Service Who Served
Lived, Died, or Married in Virginia or West Virginia. Bowie, MD: Heritage
Civil War Era -- Homestead & Public Land Claims
- Miller, Thomas Lloyd. Bounty and Donation Land Grants of Texas, 1835-1888.
Austin: University of Texas Press, 1967.
- Kliethermes, Sharon. Missouri School Land Sales. Loose Creek, MO: Dogwood
- Raff, George W. The War Claimant’s Guide: a Manual of Laws, Regulations,
Instructions, Forms and Official Decisions, Relating to Pensions, Bounty
Pay, Prize Money, etc. Cincinnati: R. Clark, 1866.
(Central- ST 336.73)